Looking towards my street in Fig Tree Pocket from the other side of the hill, 6pm 12 January 2011
I’ve been very lucky to get out of these floods suffering only inconvenience and loss of power. Many of my fellow Queenslanders have not been so lucky. Here’s a round-up of some of the best ways to help them out.
- Mimco is donating 100% of all purchases today (Friday 14 January) from boutiques in Australia, United Kingdom, New Zealand and Singapore.
- Also today, Witchery will donate 100% of all store sales to the flood relief appeal.
- Cue will donate 10% of all sales in Cue stores and Myer concessions stores on Sunday (16 January).
- Jeanswest will donate all profit made across all stores tomorrow (Saturday 15 January) to the appeal and will refund delivery on all Queensland online orders.
- Lorna Jane is donating 20% of all purchases made between today and Sunday, with the aim of reaching $100,000
- STA Travel is running eight travel auctions to raise funds over the next week including five Round the World flights (valued from $2699 each) and three Topdeck trips: The 14-day European Wonder, 22-day Europe Unplugged and 19-day Grand Kiwi; all with open travel dates.
- If you’re in Queensland or willing to make the trip, sign up to the CREW team. The recovery process will take many months and many hands will be needed. Sign up online or call 1800 994 100.
- Last, but by no means least, you can donate directly to the Premier’s Flood Relief appeal online.
Mamamia also has a list of different ways you can help out within Australia.
If you’ve heard of any other flood assistance charity opportunities, please leave a comment and I will update the post.